Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Day!

So the last few days, months I dare say even years, the Lord has really been impressing on my heart to loose this weight.   I have a million excuses as to why I'm this way. 
As a child I was told I was chunky.  Looking back at those photos... not so much.  I was a tall girl.  Two years younger than those in my class and I was still measuring in the middle of the group, some years I was toward the top.  At 18 I was 5 ft. 9 1/2 in. and weighed in at 156 pounds.  That is actually what I'm supposed to weigh.  
I went off to college and gained the college 15.  Then after a year of not so good choices found myself relying more on food for comfort. A few years later and after getting married I gained another 10, then six months later became prego with baby #1. I gained 30 pounds. Nine months after he was born prego again with #2. Gained a few more. Less than a year later I was prego again with #3 and a year and a half later prego with #4.  Needless to say I've gained a few pounds and have not lost much. Nursing was supposed to be my quick fix... Not so much. I actually gained most of my weight while nursing. I took those added 500 calories to heart I guess.
The last year has been really rough on my body as I've had 3 miscarriages since December of 2011. (as of writing this it is Aug 2012)  One was a mid term miscarriage that took its toll on my hormones and body after loosing twin a only two months prior. 
After 3 months of working to stabilize my hormones, God has impressed on me it is time to work on the weight.  This is a very daunting thing for me.  I don't want to be fat.  But I'm lazy by nature.  So after trying to ignore, push back and even reason with God...its time.  I want to be healthy for my kids, be a good example and honestly I'm tired of not being able to play with them.
So once a month I am going to give a Mommy Weigh Down up-date.  I will be trying to eat healthy. Which means more raw foods.  I plan not to eat out more than once or twice a month. I have off and on over the last couple of years used myfitnesspal.com to count my calories and exercise. So I will again use this to keep track.  I will be walking/running in the mornings and doing a workout dvd with my hubby in the evenings.  
I'm giving this all to the Lord as He knows I do not have the strength in myself to do this.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Phil 4:13. 
I hope to update you next month with happy results.  
Here are the beginning stats:

                              *UPDATE  after one week*
Weight:  255 lbs.     Weight:  252
Waist: 46 inches      Waist: 43
Thigh: 32 inches      Thigh:  31
Hips: 52 inches        Hips:  51 1/2
Arm: 17 inches        Arm:  16 1/2
 

1 comment:

  1. Honored to be praying you thru this journey and good for you for being so serious about it. Your reasons are great motivation. You are an awesome friend either way but I'm excited to see a positive change!!!! Love you!!! Hang in there. I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete