Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First CC Meet n Greet

Today was very exciting.  It started with news that I am an aunt again.  YEAH!! Asher Jacob was born at 1:03 a.m. weighing in at 8lbs 2 oz.  Mommy and baby are doing well.  Daddy sounded a bit tired when I talked to him this afternoon though.  I was hoping to have a picture to share but unfortunately living so far away I don't have any yet.
After a long day at Six Flags Over Georgia yesterday with my family we slept in this morning.  Which wouldn't normally be a bad thing.  In fact I would embrace it wholeheartedly.  But, today would have it that we were to meet our new friends in our new community of Classical Conversations.  So as any "good" mommy would I sat the kids down in front of the television for a 20 minute show while I shower and then we all jump in the van and hit drive through on our way to the meet n greet.  Gosh, I wish I were more organized so that I could have had a healthy breakfast ready to serve the kids this morning instead of the deep fried, grease dripping, calorie laden breakfast sandwich they received from a certain fast food place.   Oh, well, I rest in the knowledge that my kids eat healthy most days and I have grace for the days they don't.
At 10 o'clock this morning we arrived at a church that had a nice playground in the back.  My kids were so excited to see this playground.  Our last community met at a church that had a very small young child play area.  When we jumped out of the van my kids were off to see old friends and make new ones.  This just assured me that our decision to move communities was the right one.
Our new director Shannon gave us a lovely tour of the church which has all the facilities we could ask for.
My new room has many windows so I won't feel claustrophobic and it overlooks the gym.  I think this will be a perfect room for the ABC class.  My class is full a month before school starts which is really neat.  I will have a couple of four year olds and a handful of Kindergarteners. An active bunch to say the least.
My older two are going to be in the same class this year.  My Rach will be the only girl in her class but as the only girl here at home, I think she will do just fine.  They will both have the same tutor James had last year which is really cool as James just adored her.
This year is going to be so much fun.  I am excited for the possibilities that are in front of us.

Here is to a fabulous year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment